Monday, 21 March 2016

World Poetry Day


Today is World Poetry Day and I couldn't let it go unnoticed. I love that the art of writing poetry is celebrated so widely in all sorts of different ways around the world. One of which was that in certain coffee shops you were able to pay for your hot beverage with a scribbled sonnet or the like. What a wonderful idea. Anyway, here is my silly little poem that I wrote to celebrate the day in my corner of the internet.

Feeling Strange
I think I've lost my marbles:
I dropped them on the floor.
Some rolled under the table,
some rolled straight out the door.
I don't know quite what happened,

one moment I was fine.
The next they'd all escaped me
and now I can't call them mine.
I didn't know what they'd done for me
throughout my entire life

until they'd rudely upped and left
and I have to fend for myself.
The minute that they disappeared
I knew I didn't feel right,
like I wasn't sure how to act

and I wasn't sure what I might
do next! I guess I will just have to wait
and see. Your guess is as good as mine
as I've never been in this state
before.

Like what I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment